Steamer No. 10 welcomes volunteers of any age to help us throughout the season and to see some shows for free! We welcome your individual ideas and talents, but here are some specific areas in which we encourage volunteer participation:
- Concessions -Make popcorn, sell the goodies du jour. We have a very simple price list: every item is one dollar.
- Cleaning – Take out the trash, vacuum, clean the restrooms. Things everybody should know how to do.
- Publicity – Distributing fliers, or picking them up at the printer. We have directions and maps.
- Tech -Sound, lighting, set-building, scenic painting, or costuming…or maybe as simple as painting the stage black.
- Construction – We’re deep in the process of being our own general contractor, adding a lobby onto the theatre entrance. We also routinely need to build set pieces for our shows. If you have a skill and can volunteer some time, we want to talk to you. If you don’t have a skill, we can teach you one.
- Board of Directors – We want people who want to help Steamer No.10 thrive! People who attend our shows and who believe the children of our region should enjoy a variety of high-quality performing arts in an exciting, intimate setting. It also means helping us raise the funding we need to operate.
Students: We are a not-for-profit professional theater, so local students may be able to fulfill internship or service hour requirements at Steamer No.10, gaining valuable experience and helping to create the magic of theater in the process. You might find yourself involved in any or all of the following: acting, costuming, set-building, scenic painting, electrics, or theater administration (yes, theaters have offices, too).