... Vacation Daze Performances
Steamer No.10 Theatre, Inc. is a small, 501 (c) 3 non-profit corporation. We have a full time staff of one, and 5-7 part-time actors, teachers, directors, designers, whatever job needs doing. We earn more than 65% of our $200,000 budget; however we still need to raise that other $70,000. Please become a member of the Steamer No.10 family as we move on toward a fantastic season of family oriented cultural entertainment.
We have launched our 2014 – 2015 season and here is an overview of what we have planned:
- six family oriented productions using professional actors are planned for 60 to 70 performances;
- we’re bringing in fifteen different artists for kids with our Vacation Daze series for 35 to 40 performances;
- we host Theater Voices for free staged readings of four shows for 16 performances;
- and the Eclectic Series will feature at least 10 different artists who will both entertain and challenge our adult audience.
- our theatre arts school – C.A.S.T. – Creative Arts at Steamer Ten – offers classes and produces shows for students 8-18. This year we will produce three C.A.S.T. shows – produced entirely by students, plus two C.A.S.T./Kids Fare shows where students work with professional actors.
This past year we offered more than 150 performances, 400 classes/rehearsals with our students, community meetings, a day-long street fair to promote the neighborhood and other events. We don’t simply pinch pennies, we make sure every one of them is spent in a way that serves our mission of introducing children and families to live theatre.
Steamer No.10 is the Capital Region’s Children’s Theatre, the place where kids are introduced to the performing arts. Please become a member of the Steamer No.10 family as we move toward a fantastic season of family oriented cultural entertainment.