Steamer No.10 Annual Appeal
Steamer No.10 Theatre, Inc. is a small, 501 (c) 3 non-profit corporation. We have a full time staff of one, and 5-7 part-time actors, teachers, directors, designers, whatever job needs doing. We earn more than 80% of our $125,000 budget; however we still need to raise that other $30,000. Please become a member of the Steamer No.10 family as we move on toward a fantastic season of family oriented cultural entertainment.
As you may have read in last Fall’s Times Union Preview article, Steamer No.10 is living in interesting times. Several grants that we have received annually for decades did not materialize this year. This is not to say we didn’t apply, we simply were not granted them this year. Despite this setback we are still striving to produce as full a schedule for families as we possibly can.
Steamer No.10 is now the only theatre in upstate New York that is creating professional productions of Theatre for Young Audiences.
This past year we offered more than 100 performances, 400 classes/rehearsals with our students, community meetings, a day-long street fair to promote the neighborhood and other events. We don’t simply pinch pennies, we make sure every one of them is spent in a way that serves our mission of introducing children and families to live theatre.
Steamer No.10 is the Capital Region’s Children’s Theatre, the place where kids are introduced to the performing arts. Please become a member of the Steamer No.10 family as we move toward a fantastic season of family oriented cultural entertainment.
We have launched our 2016 – 2017 season and here is an overview of what we have planned:
- four family oriented productions using professional actors are planned for 40 to 50 performances – including Willy Wonka and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe;
- we’re bringing in a dozen different artists for kids with our Vacation Daze series for 20 to 25 performances;
- we host Theater Voices for free staged readings of four shows for 16 performances;
- and the Eclectic Series will feature at least 10 different artists who will both entertain and challenge our adult audience.
- our theatre arts school – C.A.S.T. – Creative Arts at Steamer Ten – offers classes and produces shows for students 8-18. This year we will produce two C.A.S.T. shows – produced entirely by students, plus three C.A.S.T./Kids Fare shows where students work with professional actors.
- Shakespeare in Lincoln Park – an opportunity for everyone to experience Free Shakespeare performances outdoors in a City Park. It is also an opportunity for our students to experience the works of Shakespeare as well as Greek Classics both as performers and as audience.
Please become a member of the Steamer No.10 family. Your donation will make a difference.